Thursday, April 21, 2005

The Power of Persistance

There I was, walking around Funan with my dad, just browsing for computers (I don't have my own PC at home), doing the price checking, not intending to get anything on the spot you know. Flitted through a few shops, looked at some pamphelets, cameras, bumped into my dad's friend... the usual stuff that happens when you're shopping... then we walked pass this shop that has a few displays of Mac laptops and so as my usual self (I'm interested in anything Apple), I just walked over to take a closer look and admire... who knows this lady staff came over and wanted to serve us and started asking if we intended to get a Mac! Why would I want to use a Mac at home? After a while I think she realise that we're just browsing. As we walked deeper into the shop, she began to 'present' some of the PC laptops... dooodadadada... what she did was amazing!!! it wasnt really some fantastic sales technique, but she really created our interest in getting a laptop and her persistancy... wah best!!! I would've gotten a desktop PC if otherwise, but nevermind... While most sales staff would have just left us alone, she's patient enough to make recommendations and demonstrations, and not forgetting convincing my dad to part with the money (have you ever seen grown-up old men bargaining?) Aaarrrgghhh!!!!! After much ado, we finally made the decision and bought it, the last words I said to her 'I came in just looking around, and ended up buying a laptop.' The Power of Persistance

1 Comments:

At 11:08 PM , Blogger Veronica said...

Its not persistence...what you experienced back ther,,,i would guess,, is the Long Lost Art of Great Service. Such Art allows one to feel most shiok or wonderful and would lead to obligation into parting wif their money. Such Art is Powerful. One wonders which mountain or deep valley did the lady come from after spending much years learning it in secrecy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home